ABC Christian Academy is excited to offer the community of Lilongwe a comprehensive high school program based on the American system of study. Our small classes give students the focused time of professional and caring Christian teachers.
The academics at ABC Christian Academy offers a college preparatory program from an Evangelical Christian perspective. We have great facilities, highlighted by our science lab, computer lab, and classrooms providing an environment conducive to learning. The texts and curriculum have been carefully chosen to provide our students with well-balanced and challenging material. We have committed teachers who care for their students, challenge them to think deeply, and plan lessons/activities that help students master the material.
The American system differs from the British system in a few key ways. The most obvious is that our academic program is based on the successful completion of modular courses instead of the successful completion of standardized tests. The British system is based on preparation for large summative exams at the end of set periods of time (for example, grades 9-10 IGCSE and grades 11-12 A-levels or IB). Our school has established a set of Graduation Requirements that include both required and elective courses that conform to those of almost any high school in America (or international school using the American system). These courses are chosen in order to fully prepare students for their studies in university.
You may ask if there are any outside, objective measures given in the form of a standardized exam. Yes, the SAT. This internationally recognized exam is taken by thousands of students around the world each year, and is used by universities to determine a student’s readiness and potential for university study. A student’s score on this exam, along with their American high school diploma, are the two keys for college admission.
The students from ABC Christian Academy have enjoyed much success in their college application process, proved by the admissions offered to the graduates:
- Arizona State University (U.S.A.)
- Azusa Pacific University (U.S.A.)
- Babson College (U.S.A.)
- Biola University (U.S.A.)
- Boise State University (U.S.A.)
- Chico State University (U.S.A.)
- Cottey College (U.S.A.)
- Covenant College (U.S.A.)
- Drexel University (U.S.A.)
- Instituto Superior de Educação e Ciências (Portugal)
- Letourneau University (U.S.A.)
- Malawi College of Medicine
- Mississippi University for Women (U.S.A.)
- New York University (U.S.A.)
- Penn State University Erie (U.S.A.)
- Peru State University
- Rochester College (U.S.A.)
- Shippensburg University (U.S.A.)
- St. Joseph’s University (U.S.A.)
- Westmont College (U.S.A.)
- Whitworth College (U.S.A.)
- University of Pretoria (South Africa)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
We are confident in the strength of our academic program, and in our students’ preparation for university study and are grateful that colleges and universities believe the same.